Partner has a strong presence in Baltimore, Maryland. The Partner Maryland office provides Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Environmental testing, Property Condition Assessments, and Asbestos Surveys in support of commercial real estate transactions. The Baltimore office is headed by Bradley Fountain, MBA, with significant experience in due diligence assessments for a variety of property types and also serves as Director of HUD Services.
Partner is the national leader in Phase I Environmental Site Assessments by volume. Most reports are performed to meet the standards of ASTM E1527-13. Partner often customizes reports to meet individual client or agency lender's (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) requirements and understands the multiple county and municipal regulatory bodies throughout Maryland.
In addition to providing Phase I ESAs, Partner provides Property Condition Assessments and Commercial Building Inspections for a wide variety of clients; including, CMBS lenders, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac lenders, and equity clients. Most of our reports are performed to meet the standards set within ASTM E2018-08 guidelines.
While conducting a Phase I ESA, Partner does a visual evaluation of accessible areas for the presence of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs). Should it become evident that Asbestos Containing Materials may be present, Partner can perform sampling and testing to evaluate if Asbestos Containing Material is in fact present.
Partner performs Phase II Environmental Testing either in support of a financing decision or to meet the requirements of the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). Most of our reports are performed to meet the standards set by ASTM E1903-11.
Partner understands the concerns unique to Maryland, such as historical industrial areas and high radon areas. The Partner Baltimore staff are also familiar with the widely variable geology across the state of Maryland, from the Atlantic Continental Shelf Province to Appalachian Plateaus.
A zoning report is a necessary part of many real property transactions because the current owner is responsible for existing zoning violations. Partner’s Zoning Reports take usage regulations, Baltimore and municipality provisions into consideration as well as other regulations; such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Some recent projects and experience that provide insight into our Maryland consulting practice include:
• Partner performed Phase I Environmental Site Assessments for a portfolio of 36 gas stations throughout Maryland (Beltsville, Bladensburg, Bowie, Capitol Heights, Clinton, College Park, District Heights, Fort Washington, Greenbelt, Hyattsville, Landover, Lanham, Laurel, Temple Hills, Riverdale, Suitland and Upper Marlboro).
• A Health Technology center located in Baltimore, MD requested Partner conduct a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment and Property Inspections, including subspecialist inspections of MEP (Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing), roofing, elevator and structure, as well as provides a Property Condition Report.
• Partner completed Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Property Condition Reports for a 14 site portfolio of mobile home parks in Salisbury, MD, North Carolina, Missouri, Oklahoma, Virginia, and Texas.
• Partner conducted 28 Phase I Environmental Site Assessments of hotels nationwide, including three in Maryland (Annapolis, Gaithersburg and Linthicum Heights).
• Partner completed Phase I Environmental Site Assessments of 24 self-storage sites across the country including Laurel, MD.
• Partner completed a 30 site portfolio throughout the country, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) and seismic Probable Maximum Loss (PML ) Reports on properties. The Phase I ESAs, PCAs, and PMLs were conducted for an equity client.
• Our sister company Partner Energy secured $13 million of ARRA grants and loans for implementation of energy efficiency projects at low income multifamily projects across the country.