Partner has a strong presence throughout the Boston, Massachusetts area. The Boston Partner team provides Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase II Environmental testing, Property Condition Reports, Asbestos Surveys, Lead Testing, and Seismic Assessments in support of local and nationwide commercial and multi-family real estate transactions.
There are many unique geologic conditions that exist throughout the Boston, Massachusetts area such as urban infills and diverse bedrock conditions. Additionally Boston and surrounding towns have a long history of urban development from the creation of Back Bay in the 19th century to the Central Artery Tunnel Project completed in the 21st century. Boston has extensive industrial use, highlighted by the mills of Lowell, located north of Boston, being part of the National Parks Department due to their historical impacts. Due to Massachusetts’ geology being widely diverse; ranging from urban infills to problematic geological conditions, engineering and site characterization can be a difficult task to fully comprehend. Partner’s Bostonians are able to work within, and to understand the complex history and geology and apply it to properly assess environmental and engineering concerns.
Partner provides both local and nationwide Phase I Environmental Site Assessments. Most reports are performed to meet the standards of ASTM E1527-13 or meet our client's customized reporting standards. Partner often customizes reports to meet individual client or agency lender's (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) requirements.
Partner provides lenders and real estate investors with Property Condition Reports. Partner architects, engineers, and commercial building inspectors inspect the subject property in order to gain an understanding of the condition of the building. Our reports meet ASTM E2018-08 guidelines.
Partner performs Phase II Environmental Testing either in support of a financing decision, property transaction or to meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) agency. Typically our reports are performed to meet the standards set by ASTM E1903-97(2002). Our Boston environmental professionals understand the highly variable geology found in the Boston area, such as unstable infill areas and major variations in the depth to bedrock.
While conducting a Phase I ESA, Partner does a visual evaluation of accessible areas for the presence of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs). If it becomes evident that Asbestos Containing Materials may be present, Partner can perform sampling and testing to evaluate if Asbestos Containing Material is in fact present.
A zoning report is a necessary part of many real property transactions because the current owner is responsible for existing zoning violations. Partner’s Zoning Reports take into consideration usage regulations, Boston and other municipality provisions as well as other regulations, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Massachusetts Project Experience
Partner has completed engineering assessments on all types of commercial real estate including office, retail, multi-family, industrial, and hospitality. Some recent Massachusetts projects and experience include:
• Partner provided Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Property Condition Reports, roofing inspections and asbestos screening for a 13 site portfolio of business office buildings across the country including West Bridgewater, MA.
• Partner provided a multitude of services for a 16 site portfolio of medical buildings throughout North Adams, MA, New York, and Florida, including; Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Asbestos Screening, and Property Condition Reports with subspecialist inspections of roofing and MEP (Mechanical Electrical Plumbing).
• Partner completed Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Property Condition Reports for a portfolio of 14 government buildings nationwide, including Massachusetts (Gloucester and Lawrence).
• Partner conducted Phase I Environmental Site Assessments of 13 sites for Anheuser-Busch, Inc. in Medford, MA and across the country.
• Partner conducted Construction Progress Monitoring and Document and Cost Reviews for a ten site portfolio in Wilmington, MA for BBVA Compass Bank.
• German bank Eurhypo AG, specializing in commercial real estate, requested Partner provide Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Property Condition Reports for a 40 site portfolio across the United States, including locations in Massachusetts (Burlington and Swansea).
Find us on Google Maps
495 Old Connecticut Path, Suite 220, Framingham, MA 01701