Partner has a strong presence in Chicago, Illinois. The Partner Illinois office provides Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Environmental testing, Property Condition Reports, and Asbestos Surveys in support of commercial real estate transactions. The Chicago staff understands how the city's industrial past and many building booms represent an uncommon risk in real estate investments. The office is led by Robert Geiger, who has more than 10 years of experience providing environmental and engineering consulting services.
Partner is the national leader in Phase I Environmental Site Assessments by volume. Most reports are performed to meet the standards of ASTM E1527-05. Partner often customizes reports to meet individual client or agency lender's (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) requirements.
Partner performs Phase II Environmental Testing either in support of a financing decision or to meet the requirements of the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA). Most of our reports are performed to meet the standards set by ASTM E1903-27(2002) and consider the unusual and sometimes difficult geology of Chicago.
Clean Construction Demolition Debris (CCDD) Testing
Partner performs Clean Construction Demolition Debris (CCDD) Testing per State of Illinois requirements to certify that soils from construction or demolition projects are not contaminated and can be accepted by a clean fill site, or landfill. Our CCDD testing services include: historical site review, site visit and sampling; laboratory analysis; and forms submittal with certification by a Professional Engineer (P.E.). The Partner team is ready to quickly meet your CCDD testing needs.
In addition to providing Phase I ESAs, Partner provides Property Condition Assessments and Commercial Building Inspections for a wide variety of clients; including, CMBS lenders, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac lenders, and equity clients. Most of our reports are performed to meet the standards set within ASTM E2018-08 guidelines.
While conducting a Phase I ESA, Partner does a visual evaluation of accessible areas for the presence of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs). Should it become evident that Asbestos Containing Materials may be present, Partner can perform sampling and testing to evaluate if Asbestos Containing Material is in fact present. Our local staff recognize how asbestos is of concern in Chicago due to the age of the city.
A zoning report is a necessary part of many real property transactions because the current owner is responsible for existing zoning violations. Partner’s Zoning Reports take usage regulations, Chicago and municipality provisions into consideration as well as other regulations; such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Partner has completed 1,270 projects throughout Illinois since 2010, including 777 Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and 430 projects specifically in Chicago.
Some recent projects and experience that provide insight into our Chicago consulting practice include:
• Partner performed Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Phase II Environmental Testing for a 45 site portfolio of automotive repair locations (Car Collisions) spanning across Illinois (Aurora, Chicago, Gauges Lake, Glenview, La Grange, Matteson, Merrillville, Naperville, Oak Lawn, Orlando Park, Palatine, Rockdale and Schaumberg), Colorado and Indiana.
• Partner performed a $25k Phase I Environmental Site Assessment and Property Condition Report, including sub-specialist inspections for Roofing, Curtain Wall, and MEP (Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing), on the 52 story Wabash building in Chicago. The Wabash building (formerly known as the IBM building) was designed by renowned modern architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2010.
• Partner completed a 30 site portfolio throughout the country, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) and Seismic Probable Maximum Loss (PML ) Reports on properties. The Phase I ESAs, PCAs, and PMLs were conducted for an equity client.
• Our sister company, Partner Energy, secured $13 million of ARRA grants and loans for implementation of energy efficiency projects at low income multifamily projects across the country.
Find us on Google Maps
805 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Suite 401C, Chicago, IL 60642
For More Information
- Robert Geiger, MBA
- The Low Down in Chi Town - Riding the Chicago Due Diligence Train
- Globe Street, Geiger