Partner has been experiencing growth in New Jersey, building a strong presence there. The Partner New Jersey offices are located in Ramsey and Eatontown. Partner provides Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Environmental testing, Property Condition Assessments, and Asbestos Surveys in support of commercial real estate transactions in New Jersey. Additionally, Partner has LSRP professionals experienced with the NJDEP's cleanup standards and processes.
Partner is the national leader in Phase I Environmental Site Assessments by volume. Most reports are performed to meet the standards of ASTM E1527-13. Partner often customizes reports to meet individual client or agency lender's (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) requirements. Our New Jersey staff recognizes that every town has its own Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) process called Open Public Records Act (OPRA) in New Jersey, and how this can impact record requests.
Partner performs Phase II Environmental Testing either in support of a financing decision or to meet the requirements of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP). Most of our reports are performed to meet the standards set by ASTM E1903-97(2002). Partner staff in Red Bank and Ramsey understand the long history of heavy industrial development that has led to numerous Superfund/ NPL sites in New Jersey.
Partner is also experienced regarding the Site Remediation Reform Act (SRRA) requiring the NJDEP to phase in implementation of the use of Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs) who have the responsibility for oversight of environmental investigation and cleanup.
In addition to providing Phase I ESAs, Partner provides Property Condition Assessments and Commercial Building Inspections for a wide variety of clients; including, CMBS lenders, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac lenders, and equity clients. Most of our reports are performed to meet the standards set within ASTM E2018-08 guidelines.
While conducting a Phase I ESA, Partner does a visual evaluation of accessible areas for the presence of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs). Should it become evident that Asbestos Containing Materials may be present, Partner can perform sampling and testing to evaluate if Asbestos Containing Material is in fact present.
A zoning report is a necessary part of many real property transactions because the current owner is responsible for existing zoning violations. Partner’s Zoning Reports take usage regulations, city and municipality provisions into consideration as well as other regulations; such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
New Jersey SBA Lending Uptick
Partner's Frank Romeo recently posted a discussion on GlobeSt.com's Thought Leader Blog about a report from NJBIZ that SBA loan volume has surged 23%. This resurgence of SBA loans raises some concerns for potential environmental issues. For full details, read Frank's full blog.
New Jersey Project Experience
Since 2010 Partner has completed 1,011 jobs in New Jersey, 659 of which were Phase I Environmental Site Assessments. Some recent projects and experience that provide insight into our New Jersey consulting practice include:
• Partner completed a Property Condition Assessment (PCA) on Newport Tower, a high-rise office tower in New Jersey. The PCA included a lengthy building inspection of the 36-story, 1.1 million square foot high-rise.
• Partner completed a 30 site portfolio throughout the country, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) and seismic Probable Maximum Loss (PML) reports on properties. The Phase I ESAs, PCAs and PMLs were conducted for an equity client.
• Partner navigated a complex portfolio of nine manufacturing facilities with New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) coordination that included a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment and Phase II Environmental Testing, as well as subsequent Site Characterization with soil sampling, Remediation, including soil excavation and disposal, and a Remedial Action Report.
• Partner completed a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment and Phase II Environmental Testing, as well as subspecialist inspections, of four former waste service sites in New Jersey. Partner also completed the subsequent remedial action preparation, remediation and RAO report preparation. Some of the remedial processes Partner implemented were in situ chemical oxidation injections, monitoring and vacuuming of wells, and free product recovery.
• Together with our sister company Partner Energy, Partner completed 4 investment grade energy audits, energy efficiency design projects, and construction management of energy efficiency measures for the New Jersey Weatherization Program.
• Our sister company Partner Energy secured $13 million of ARRA grants and loans for implementation of energy efficiency projects at low income multifamily projects across the country.
New Jersey LSRP Deadline
Effective May 7, 2012, New Jersey State law requires that a Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) be hired to conduct all environmental remediation work in the State of New Jersey, for both new and existing cases. Click here to learn more about the LSRP program.
For More Information
- Assessing Post-Sandy CRE Impacts
- Globe Street, Romeo