When a site is identified as contaminated, our clients need answers to two vital questions:
• How big is the problem?
• How much will it cost to clean up?
Environmental Site Characterization
We get those answers through Site Characterization. Site Characterization (also called Subsurface Investigation or Site Delineation) is a process which may require the following steps:
• Data gap analysis
• Detailed examination of lithology
• Integration of regulatory requirements
• Soil, soil-gas and/or groundwater sampling
• Strategic borehole placement and drilling for 3-D delineation of the contamination
• Data analysis and conceptual model update
• Human health risk assessment
During a Site Characterization, the goal of our engineers and geologists is twofold:
1) Define the extent of the problem; and
2) Collect the data necessary to develop a remedial design and a realistic cost estimate to take the site through regulatory closure.
The Partner Difference
Effective Site Characterization requires experience, knowledge of geology, and an understanding of the nature of the chemicals released. In some instances a site requires multiple drilling events to characterize a release. When hiring the experienced professionals at Partner, you can be assured that the value of the client's dollar is of utmost concern and that our technical expertise is being applied with this in mind.
Our Subsurface Investigation team is well versed in federal, state and local regulations governing how data is collected and analyzed, and what cleanup levels will be required. Our clients find that because of the accuracy of our Site Characterizations and our knowledge of remedial processes and regulations, our Remedial Cost Estimates are both reasonable and realistic.
Site Characterization Services
Our Site Characterization services include:
• What type of chemical was released, when and what are its characteristics
• Soil gas / soil vapor analysis and migration
• Vapor intrusion assessment
• Contaminant plume delineation and flow – horizontal and vertical
• Contaminant fate and transport modeling
• Groundwater / surface water / vapor monitoring
• Data gap analysis
• Stormwater management
• Feasibility studies
• Regulatory support
• Opinion of cost to closure
• Third-party review
• Risk assessment / toxicology
• Litigation support and expert witness