Partner has a growing presence throughout Toronto and the Canadian Provinces. The Partner Canada team provides Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase II Environmental testing, Building Condition Assessments (BCAs) (sometimes called Property Condition Assessments), and Designated Substance Surveys in support of commercial and industrial real estate transactions or other due diligence requirements. Along with substantial experience assessing the environmental consulting needs of lenders, owners, and operators, the team in Canada also has the ability to cater to clients based in Canada and the United States with commercial and/or industrial real estate interests in both areas. Partner is able to help clients navigate requirements while offering custom scopes or terms of engagement to address additional concerns due to transaction deals or locations.
Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
Partner is a growing firm in the Canadian market. Most reports are performed to meet the standards of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Z768-01 (R2012 as amended). Additionally, Partner has the ability to customize reports to meet ASTM E1527-13 and CSA Z768-01 (R2012) or client-specific requirements. Partner is also prepared to meet Provincial specific requirements to fulfill needs throughout each respective region.
Building Condition Assessments
In addition to providing Phase I ESAs, Partner provides Building Condition Assessments often required as part of real estate transactions. Partner is able to inspect the building’s systems and provide a table that indicates the immediate and future investments that will be required for the property.
Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
Partner performs Phase II ESAs either in support of a financing decision or to meet Province-specific requirements. Our reports are performed to meet the standards set by CSA Z769-00 (R2013 as amended) as well as any Provincial-specific requirements.
Partner performs remedial work in order to meet Province specific requirements. With staff personnel knowledgeable in areas including but not limited to: gas station remediation, dry cleaning remediation, and other commercial/industrial remedial work.
Designated Substance Survey
While conducting a Phase I ESA, Partner does a visual evaluation of accessible areas for the presence of Designated Substances. Should it become evident that Designated Substances may be present, Partner can perform sampling and testing to evaluate if Designated Substances are in fact present.
While conducting a Phase I ESA, Partner does a visual evaluation of accessible areas for the presence of mould and/or water infiltration concerns. Should it become evident that mould may be present, Partner can perform sampling and testing to evaluate if mould is in fact present.
Recent Canada Experience
Partner has completed hundreds of projects across the Canadian Provinces. Some recent experience includes:
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments on a ski resort in British Columbia.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments on industrial properties in Nova Scotia.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Building Condition Assessments on a multi-site portfolio of industrial properties in Windsor, Ontario.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments on a multi-site portfolio of bowling alleys, shopping centers, airports and restaurant properties across Canada.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments on a multi-site portfolio of swine farms in Manitoba.
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments on industrial properties within Ontario which also included monitoring well decommissioning work.
- Third-party reviews and database reviews for properties in Ontario and British Columbia.